Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Colorways: In The Black

Here are some beautiful rooms that have a little (or a lot) of this power-statement color!



Notice that the back wall is actually paneled.  I think the black adds a serious, sophisticated touch.  Usually I don't prefer paneling but I think this style of paneling has a clean edge that I find very appealing.  



I think this room is SO sexy.  
The right person would have to live here in order for it to feel authentic, but if so, it would be amazing.


Atmosphere Interior Design

A little bit of green looks so good against all of the dark!

Nathan Thomas
I already admired inlaid mirrors, but in black I like them even better.


Lonny
This office has so much unique personality.

Made By Girl
I am going to paint the backs of some bookshelves black in my next
house...I think it sets everything off beautifully.

Gwyneth Paltrow Kitchen

Tyler Florence Kitchen via House Beautiful
I put these two kitchens back to back on purpose.
Until recently I don't know if I would have had the guts to do a black kitchen but this one is pretty incredible!  I'm thinking the key is that bright white, raised ceiling to balance out the black. 
What do you think makes it work?

Ralph Lauren
No one does tailored and beautiful better than Ralph Lauren.

 

Atlanta Homes Magazine
The black really envelops this room to make it cozier.

I think black is the perfect backdrop for all of these botanical curiosities.

Where do you like to use black?

10 comments:

The enchanted home said...

Barbara, as you know I am a huge fan of black in any way shape or form. It is such a powerful presence in any room as you evidenced with these gorgeous pictures. Just love it, its so timeless and classic!

Luciane at HomeBunch.com said...

I like black and I think it's so chic and sophisticated, but I'm not sure if I want to use it at my place. I lived in a house w/ darker colors before and that would depress me a little (or was the baby blues??? LOL) and I prefer having lighter rooms now.
Your post is stunning... and yes, if I have any of them I probably would not feel depressed! :-)

Have a great day!

xo

Luciane at HomeBunch.com

Anonymous said...

oh yes!!! black is my favorite decor color...it is sophisticated but also very versatile...it adds so much depth to a room...beautiful images..I really like the shelf with all the shelves and vintage books..
gorgeous!!
best,
maureen

Barbara Bussey {The Treasured Home} said...

Tyler florence's kitchen is what I dream of! Absolutely gorgeous! Livin' the dream! I've saved that picture. I even love the "tree" he has on the counter. Casual elegance. Love it!

Stacy CUrran said...

I can't wait to show my new black dining room. I love it so much....but it's not quite done yet. I love all of these you showed and they are exactly what I was going for.
Stacy

designchic said...

Love black in home decor and clothing...so chic and sophisticated!!

George J. McGuire said...

Awesome, the kitchens are the best "Tyler Florence Kitchen" & "Gwyneth Paltrow Kitchen". I will try implement this idea to my kitchen.
George J. McGuire
breville bje510xl

Marie Söderberg said...

Love black, no 1 is m favorite and Tylers kitchen

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

sorry...typo

I had previously written:

wonderful to see dark colours, black, charcoal's or tints used more and more.
i have been an avid fan for some time but never really had the courage to use due to the status quo stating it enclosed space, was too masculine or simply wasn't 'white' and inviting...

fact is i have since discovered it to be used by all the leading interior designers and have painted my boy's bedroom's charcoal against natural wood's, white architraves and shadow-line ceiling's.
a further step shall be to add it to the bathroom against a wall-to-wall mirror, glass candlesticks, gold frames and silver morrocan wares.
another mis-conception that gold and silver should not be mixed... i have confidence now it may.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...